- The Dark Side of Gamification (Panel talk, Audio, 2020)
A useful look at when gamification becomes manipulation, and the ethics of what Yu-Kai Chou has called ‘black hat’ gamification.
- Games Can and Do Teach (Article, Text, 2013)
Old but still useful, Karl Kapp responds to accusations denigrating the case for games aiding learning with research evidence.
- Using Game Thinking for Rapid Product Innovation (Video, 2019)
Super-practical summary of Amy Jo Kim’s approach to making games into reality.
- Designing for the Audience (Book chapter, Text, 2014)
This is only one chapter, but the book is an anthology book so it stands alone: a great short treatise on this topic from Gabriela T Richard.
- Games Can Change the World (TED Talk, Video, 2010)
Still relevant, a seminal talk on the power of games from Jane McGonigal.
Games and Gamification
- Games, Interactivity and Gamification for Learning (Slideshare, 2018)
A great resource from Karl Kapp with some good examples and case studies for making learning more gamelike and using games for learning.